What's new

Best CHARACTER for each Kameo

chrisisnice

I'm a lover, not a fighter
OK, so there is a lot of discussion about who is the best kameo for each character… but….

I don’t think we have had the discussion of who is the best character for each Kameo!!! So for something different, who is the best main roster character to use if you want to use…

• Tremor
  • Sub Zero
  • Stryker
  • Sonya
  • Shujinko
  • Sektor
  • Scorpion
  • Sareena
  • Motaro
  • Mavado
  • Khameleon
  • Kano
  • Jax
  • Goro
  • Frost
  • Darrius
  • Cyrax
  • Kung Lao
  • Janet
???

Last edited:

Felipe_Gewehr

Twinktile
  • Tremor: I'd say Reiko, duh.
  • Sub Zero: Many pair well with him, but I think either Sindel, Kitana or Havik.
  • Stryker: Oh boy. Half the cast, but if I have to narrow it down, Imma say Scorpion?
  • Sonya: Peacemaker. Can't think of any other that does so well.
  • Shujinko: Shao Kahn gets a health buff AND lots of new powers.
  • Sektor: Eh... Rain or Mileena, I think.
  • Scorpion: Difficult one... I think Reptile pairs well with him, as does Rain.
  • Sareena: Ashrah, period.
  • Motaro: Geras, Liu Kang.
  • Mavado: Hmm I think Kenshi or maybe Shao? Mileena is also decent.
  • Khameleon: Nitara or Sub-zero. Scorpion, Raiden and Reptile do well with her as well.
  • Kano: R A I D E N.
  • Jax: Quan chi does surprisingly well with Jax and he gets a much needed health bonus. Kitana is also good.
  • Goro: It's either Johnny, Lao or Tanya, IMO.
  • Frost: She's the worst kameo IMO. But Imma say Li Mei, Kenshi and Smoke can make her work.
  • Darrius: Reiko and, surprisingly, Raiden. (search for honeybee sets against a Raiden/Darrius and you'll understand).
  • Cyrax: I personally came to think Baraka is still very good with Cyrax. Kenshi, however, is still THE best pair for him.

Also you forgot Janet! Her best pairs are Lao and Reptile, IMO.

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
I spent most of my time playing the game online with Shang and prepatch Shujinko. Especially seeing Shujinko's nice buffs, I feel like the team works well together. Shujinko takes bullets for Shang and gives him valuable tools and/or consistent damage boosts. The Shujinko wall and the extra projectile stuff really does make an impact. Shujinko is pretty consistent at giving damage to every character, which also aids Shang when he goes into morph or ends with EX Injection. And you'll quite frequently have Shujinko back up after Shang's long combos.

And while it's not really a lore friendly team, it's thematically great for Shang as the "dude who morphs into your dude" to steal moves with Shujinko.

Ptehu

Prince of Edenia
So, IMHO [casual player here]
  • Tremor: 1st Reiko 2nd Shao
  • Sub Zero: zoners like Reiko, Sindel are obvious choices, but I'd say Kenshi for counterzoning & easy Sento acquisition
  • Stryker: Baraka
  • Sonya: Raiden, but to be fair I guess she is one of the least used kameos (at least on my level)
  • Shujinko: n/a - depends on who the oponent is I guess
  • Sektor: Scorpion
  • Scorpion: Ermac & Li Mei (ex aequo)
  • Sareena: Ashrah, but actually almost everyone can benefit A LOT from b+kameo
  • Motaro: Geras
  • Mavado: Havik
  • Khameleon: whole cast, she actually can buff literally everyone. Some a bit better, some a bit worse, but for the mixup potential I'd say either Rain or Sub Zero
  • Kano: Raiden
  • Jax: Kitana? I would say Raiden without a doubt couple months back, but now from what I see Kitana get a lot from armored launcher and unblockable setups from ground pound
  • Goro: Tanya followed VERY CLOSELY by Kung Lao
  • Frost: tough one... Smoke maybe?
  • Darrius: Reiko, however I've seen some nasty tricks with Baraka too
  • Cyrax: Kenshi or JC, Rain has some sauce too but still my pick is the blind swordsman
Btw you have missed Kung Lao & Janet kameos, so I'm putting Liu Kang as 1st, followed closely by Mileena and Sindel for Kung Lao and Quan Chi for Janet

Quite nice thread btw. Props.

Last edited:

Arqwart

D'Vorah for KP2 copium
Throwing one tiny hat in the ring for specifically Frost: Quan Chi. He has better options than her because she's in a really weird spot of not being better than any other kameo at the things she can do, but Quan has some really obnoxious dirt with specifically her. Frost's Snow Flakes + Quan's portal kick and Teleport are VERY cheesy and lead to some potent damage from far distances. She also offers him some much needed safety.

NHDR

Noob
Tremor: Reiko
Cyrax: Kenshi
Kano: Raiden
Stryker: Scorpion

Only speaking about characters I've played and know a bit about.

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah
Geras takes advantage of Motaro better than any other character imo. Teleport gives Geras free time stop launchers, low shot gives him safe string enders, reflect helps Geras' weak anti zoning game and lets him set up free clocks on some of the cast and Tail Turret compliments Geras' already absurd setplay game

Baconlord

Proud follower of the church of Cetrion
Tremor: Reiko
Sub Zero: Kenshi
Stryker: baraka
Sonya: pacemaker
Shujinko: I don't fucking know lmao
Sektor: Quan chi
Scorpion: li mei
Sareena: Ashrah
Motaro: Tanya
Mavado: shao